Monday, April 14, 2008

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Well, it's been a while since I wrote anything, so I guess I'd better do something about it!
So far this year, I believe we have had more rain in the first four months of the year than we usually get all year long. This week is the first time in a while that we have had a forecast with no rain in it for four whole days! WOW! We're thinking of building an ark. It is also still cold. It is supposed to get into the 20's tomorrow night. Hopefully, it will warm up soon, or I might decide to move South for the summer!
Juliana has been on another round of antibiotics for an ear infection-her fourth this year. She has to go back to the Dr. for a check-up this week, and to make sure the infection is gone. I hope when the weather gets straightened out it will take care of the ear problem. I don't want to think about them putting tubes in her ears.
I made another loaf of bread with my starter the other night. This time I increased to amount of starter I used and put some yeast in it, but it was still kind of heavy...I'll keep trying. It makes good pancakes! I took pictures of the bread, but I'll have to post them another time. It's late and it takes f..o..r..e..v..e..r.. for me to upload pictures--Oh, the joys of dial-up internet!
Someone asked what kind of starter I made. If I remember correctly, I used potato water (the juice off of boiled potatoes), flour, sugar, and a small amount of yeast.
My sister came to town with a couple of her kids one day last week (she lives about 2 hours away) and we got to spend some time together. Her youngest is 7 weeks older than Juliana, so they got to play together. Now she's asking for a "Bubby"! I think too many people have told her she needs a little brother!! Any time someone starts talking about a baby, she starts hollering "bubby, bubby". She even came and patted my stomach the other night and said "Be-by?" She's not even 18 months yet, so she can't possibly know what she's talking about...can she? And no, I'm not pregnant, just in case you're wondering!
I'd better quit and go to bed. Morning comes fast when you don't go t be until two o'clock!


1 comment:

Brittany said...

Hi Gillian! I sure hope you guys get some nice sunny days to dry up all that rain.
You've been "tagged". Drop by my blog for the details...