Wednesday, January 11, 2012

When It Rains:


The little people get wet!

The last couple of days it has been raining around here. Ok, not raining. POURING. And our yard floods pretty badly - for instance, when I went to bed last night, you couldn't see any grass in the yard; it was water all the way.

So, this morning the kids wanted to go outside and play. Now, as long as they tell me before they go, I generally have no problem with them going out by themselves (we live in a fairly rural area, back a way from the road); so, when they told me they were going out, the only requirement was that they stay close to (or on) the porch.
After a bit I went to check on them, and apparently the lure of the muddy water was too much for a certain little boy, 'cause this is what I found:


(note: she wasn't 'disobeying' me - she was just 'protecting her brother'. Besides, she had BOOTS on, and when you wear boots in the water you don't get wet. -Her logic, not mine- Of course, that being the case, I guess the inch or so of liquid I poured out of her boots after she took them off wasn't wet? Who knows.)
Unfortunately, he wasn't as well equipped for the water as she - his shoes were soaked (at least they were play shoes), and in some places, the water was nearly up to his knees, so I don't know if boots would have helped or not.
Also, the fire ants were feeling a bit, um, displaced, shall we say, and objected quite fiercely to being sloshed around in the lake - he has bites from his toes to his knees!

Gotta love little boys and their sisters! :)

1 comment:

Brittany said...

It's a boy thing! Carson will go way out of his way to stomp in a puddle. I'm sure we'll look back and laugh some day :)