Friday, August 8, 2008

It's Potty Time!

Yesterday we started trying out the new potty...we discovered that it is great fun to drag it around the house (when mommy's NOT looking), it is also fun to get washcloths out and 'wash' it, and, best of all, it's good for climbing on to get into things that don't belong to you!



Today, we tried using it for what it was meant to be used for...I'm sure you can figure out what that is without me telling you?



We started as soon as she got out of bed...she sat there...and sat there... and sat there...and nothing happened.



We tried again about an hour later (she was still dry). Nothing happened.



About an hour after that, I was going to get in the bathtub and she wanted to try again (still dry). She sat there for a bit and was getting kind of restless, when all of the sudden she got a very strange look on her face and started trying to look in the potty. I checked - she went! Yay!! We screeched and clapped for a while!



After her nap, I put her back on it. She sat for a few minutes and went again!



Later when I was getting ready for church, she was in the bathroom with me and I asked her if she needed to go again, and she sat down on the potty (with the lid shut and fully clothed). I thought she was just playing, but when I checked a minute later, her diaper was wet! Ooooops! Missed that one!



For the rest of the day, she has come and gotten either me or Grandma when her diaper needed changed - usually as soon as she did it! (We went to church so we weren't where she could get to a potty) And, tonight before she went to bed, she went in the potty again!



Pretty good for the first day, wouldn't you say? :-)





Now tomorrow, she probably won't get within 10 feet of the thing!


This seems to be the story of my blog, but I can't seem to get any more pictures uploaded. Everytime they almost get finished, Juno has some kind of problem and shuts down on me. UGHH! I wish someone would get (affordable) high speed internet out here! All that is available is satellite and wireless, which both cost quite a bit more than we can currently afford. They have cable tv in our neighborhood, but for some reason we can't get cable internet, DSL, or anything! You'd think we live in the back woods somewhere instead of 10 miles from a fairly decent size city!

Forgive the ranting...malfunctioning internet at 2 am is not my favorite thing!

All that was to say --NO MORE PICTURES THIS TIME!

No comments: