Monday, August 25, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake!


For those that asked for the recipe for my cake, here it is!

Lemon Bundt Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 can of sprite, or 7up (I use anywhere from 1 c. to the whole can - depends on my mood, but just mix it in til it looks like a nice consistency for cake batter :-)
1 1/2 t. grated lemon peel

Mix together, pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake according to directions on box-I baked mine about 40 minutes on 350.

Glaze:
2 c. powdered sugar
juice from 1 med lemon
1 1/2 t. grated lemon peel
1 1/2 T. sour cream (you could use margarine, or just omit all together)

Stir together with just enough of the lemon juice to make it pourable. Drizzle over the cake while it is still warm.


For variations, you can use any kind of cake mix with the soda of your choice-try white cake with strawberry or orange soda, or I've seen chocolate with coke. Experiment! If you know me at all, you probably know that everything I cook is an experiment.... So far, I have yet to make anything that no one would eat! :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: